Digital Content Manager
@ KADN-TV, KLAF-TV
News 15 (KADN-TV kadn.com) in Lafayette, Louisiana is seeking a full-time Digital Content Manager to take our digital efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate must have strong editorial and news judgement skills. They must be able to closely collaborate with a team while being able to work independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce original digital content for all of News 15's digital platforms, including but not limited to websites, apps and social media
- Excel in breaking news situations, accurately reporting and updating information as it happens online
- Work closely with assignment editors, broadcast producers and newsroom managers to coordinate three-screen synergy (TV, digital, mobile) around news coverage
- Use various metrics to identify digital content priority and placement decisions to grow digital audiences
- Copy edit content written by others and correct errors, grammar and punctuation following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- Ensure all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with an online CMS (Knowledge of BLOX is a plus)
- Strong grasp of posting to various social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and IGTV
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
- Write in a smart, conversational and shareable manner with a creative format and style
- Strong understanding of AP style, SEO best practices, Google Analytics a plus
- Basic Photoshop and video editing skills
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Exceptional ability to multitask
- Ability to shoot video for digital platforms a plus
- Bachelors degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in digital content and journalism
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
- High stress office environment with deadline pressures.
- Position will require you to prioritize tasks and multitask daily, and well as manage multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority.
- You must be able to work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).
How to Apply:
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please visit the below link to apply for the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 15, 2022
Application Deadline: October 17, 2022
Job Type: Full-time