Digital Content Manager
News 15 (KADN-TV kadn.com) in Lafayette, Louisiana is seeking a full-time Digital Content Manager to take our digital efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate must have strong editorial and news judgement skills. They must be able to closely collaborate with a team while being able to work independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce original digital content for all of News 15's digital platforms, including but not limited to websites, apps and social media
- Excel in breaking news situations, accurately reporting and updating information as it happens online
- Work closely with assignment editors, broadcast producers and newsroom managers to coordinate three-screen synergy (TV, digital, mobile) around news coverage
- Use various metrics to identify digital content priority and placement decisions to grow digital audiences
- Copy edit content written by others and correct errors, grammar and punctuation following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- Ensure all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with an online CMS (Knowledge of BLOX is a plus)
- Strong grasp of posting to various social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and IGTV
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
- Write in a smart, conversational and shareable manner with a creative format and style
- Strong understanding of AP style, SEO best practices, Google Analytics a plus
- Basic Photoshop and video editing skills
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Exceptional ability to multitask
- Ability to shoot video for digital platforms a plus
- Bachelors degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in digital content and journalism
How to Apply:
Please apply online at: https://allenmediabroadcasting.com/careers/kadn.html
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 02, 2022
Application Deadline: June 02, 2022
Job Type: Full-time