- The ideal candidate is self-sufficient and intrinsically motivated to solve progressively challenging business and technical challenges. They solve problems diligently and thoroughly, and have a desire to go above and beyond to help the team succeed. This candidate is a team-player, who is quick to share credit, and prioritizes team success and wins over individual accomplishments. This candidate willingly aligns their work with the team’s goals and values. They are confident in their abilities and can contribute their ideas and skills openly and constructively.
- They ask good questions, listen to what others are saying, and stay engaged in conversations intently. The ideal candidate has a strong interested in DevOps, CI/CD, installing and supporting applications and tools within the SDLC lifecycle, and is able to thoroughly troubleshoot issues. They are a continuous learner, and should also be comfortable sharing knowledge with other members on the team. This candidate is able to seek out answers to questions they may have, and also knows when to ask for assistance.
Technologies and concepts needed to be familiar with
- Continuous Integrations and Delivery (Jenkins or similar)
- Configuration scripting languages (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar)
- Linux servers (CentOS and RHEL)
- Enterprise application networking
- General Software Automation principles
- Containerization, Docker/K8S operation
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Develop high-quality services, participate in design discussions
- Coordinate with product and platform teams on regular maintenance, improve availability, scalability, and performance of the CI/CD environment.
- Apply and develop expertise in architecting and implementing production grade kubernetes cluster environment that provides end to end capabilities such as provisioning, configuring, networking, monitoring, logging, tuning and security compliance.
- Build, install, configure, troubleshoot multiple custom-built applications
- Deploy code and secure environments for several applications
- Participate in Kanban and/or Scrum meetings to plan, prioritize, estimate work
- Work with Developers and Testers to troubleshoot specific issues including recreating tests, validating configuration, etc.
- Enable higher-quality software services through DevOps culture and tooling
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 0-2 years of experience with open-source technologies, cybersecurity practices
- Configuration and Orchestration Management Tools (Example: Ansible, Jenkins)
- GIT experience or similar source control tools
- Linux operating system administration
- Virtual Infrastructure – Azure (and/or AWS Experience), VMWare
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development processes
- Atlassian tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Experience with microservice architecture and development
- Cloud Computing
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 16, 2022
Application Deadline: October 17, 2022
Job Type: Full-time