Development & Communications Director
@ Moncus Park
• Develop and implement strategies for capital campaign, major gifts, membership, and annual giving campaigns to raise unrestricted funding to supplant the organization’s annual operating budget of $1.5M, and raise major gifts towards the outstanding three-year capital campaign goal of $10M.
• Work effectively with fundraising committee and board members to discover and analyze potential benefactors, appropriate gift amounts, and approach strategies.
• Work with donors on meaningful recognition opportunities that are project or event-based that have parity with other available or previously secured gifts or sponsorships.
• Develop & implement stewardship plans for donors, partners, and other organizations for long-term relationship building.
• Manage departmental budget, with quarterly and annual fundraising progress reports and forecasting.
• Ensure detailed and accurate data entry and reporting in CRM software.
• Responsible for gift processing, donor acknowledgement, and sponsorship benefit fulfillment.
• Responsible for team’s creation of campaign materials, including marketing collateral and progress reports.
• Work with executive director and development team to identify and apply for appropriate grant opportunities.
• Participate in community outreach opportunities to promote the park and attract donors.
• Research trends and implement best practices in fundraising.
• Work with the Events Committee and Events & Programming team to assist in the planning and execution of experiences and events that support fundraising goals and donor engagement opportunities.
• Develop, solicit, and secure sponsorships and in-kind donations, and ensure delivery of promised donor benefits.
• Work cross-functionally with all departments to meet revenue goals.
• Assist in creating and oversee the execution of a comprehensive communications strategy.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to achieve campaign goals via various communication channels.
• Oversee the development of compelling, factual, and engaging print and digital collateral.
• Develop and maintain strong network with media to increase presence and interactions.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 5 or more years in fundraising / relationship management.
• Communicate proactively and effectively with prospects, donors, board, staff, and community.
• Maintain an energetic, forward-thinking, professional environment.
• Extremely high attention to detail, demonstrating an execution bias focusing on consistent, central goals.
• Very strong writing and editing skills.
• Establish and communicate priorities and allocate resources to achieve fundraising goals.
• Resourcefulness and great research and prioritization skills, with a clear comprehension of how to work efficiently and effectively.
• Strategic thinking, to maintain consideration for the many moving parts of the project and fundraising campaigns while executing plans on more detailed levels.
• Consideration of self as team member and partner in project, which often includes answering public inquiry outside of work hours.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Business casual attire and professional appearance required in office at all times.
• Experience using databases & CRMs; Giveffect and Salesforce experience is preferred.
• Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
• Staff supervision experience.
• Experience with event execution and sponsorship solicitation.
How to Apply:
To apply, please provide a cover letter and resume complete with relevant experience and professional references. We are also requesting digital case studies or portfolio with campaign examples and results from all serious applicants.
To apply, please contact Chelsey Roberie, Office Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org | 337-500-1177