Design Tech - Offshore
@ Total Safety
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a project based position and requires the ability to work the project from start to finish with time off between projects. This requires being available to work weekends, holidays and long hours.
- Perform and assist with field installation, commissioning, service, repair, and inspection of fire and safety systems and equipment for customer and AHJ approval.
- Assist with troubleshooting and repair of equipment / issues.
- Work closely with the Total Safety Design Staff, Supervisors, Sales, and other discipline engineers and designers.
- Update and correct drawings as necessary.
- Assist with detailed visual inspections and system functional tests of various systems and equipment for the purpose of reporting any deficiencies and corrective action recommendations to customer.
- Attend surveys, pre-job, job update and post job completion briefs.
- Travel offshore or to other countries for continuous periods up to 4 weeks at a time.
- Assists others as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED. Two-year certificate from college or technical school in related course work preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in installing and inspecting fire detection and suppression systems in offshore, marine, or related industry. Proficient in programming fire alarm system and configuring gas detection systems. Ability to read and produce system design drawings. Should be familiar with API RP-14C, NFPA 10, 12, 2001, 70, 72, 101 and USCG & ABS regulations.
Required Licenses or Specific Training:
- Louisiana State Fire Marshal license for Fire Extinguishers and Fire Alarm Systems.
- NICET certification in the areas of Fire Alarm Systems and/or Special Hazard
- Suppression Systems is a plus.
- TWIC card or meets all requirements to obtain TWIC card
- T-HUET, Rigger, First Aid, Rig Pass or Safe Gulf (will provide if needed)
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and other database software.
- Must demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, an unwavering commitment to safety and health and other company policies and procedures.
- Must possess high ethical standards demonstrated by their approach to business.
- Must demonstrate leadership and the ability to coordinate resources to achieve maximum profitability, efficiency and utilization.
- Must be able to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Uses initiative to identify and act on opportunities to improve results or minimize problems.
- Persists in problem solving efforts and in handling issues swiftly and effectively.
- Must be familiar with assigning IP addresses and subnet mask to equipment to develop a local area network
- Must posses a basic understanding of common electronic components
- Must be familiar with hazardous area requirements, selecting the proper materials for use in a hazardous area, and know the proper way to install such items.
- Effective communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively interact with and develop and maintain strong rapport and credibility with management in company and client organizations.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to speak Spanish, or other second language considered a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Shop, warehouse, yard environment and in customer job site locations, which may include offshore drilling rigs or shipyards.
- May be frequently exposed to wet, humid, outside and extreme weather conditions and vibration.
- Possible work hazards include High pressure, chemicals, shop traffic.
- The noise level in the work environment may be very loud.
- This position reports directly to the Upstream Engineering Design and Installation Manager.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions:
- Determines the means or process of achieving the objectives, standards or guidelines established by management.
- These decisions are subject to the limits imposed by the available technology and resources and to the constraints set by upper management.
- Must be prepared to handle a variety of situations in changing environments.
- Must identify source of problems and present well thought out, workable solutions.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/TOT1006TSUS/JobBoard/f0feb4c1-9f8a-4b46-88ac-24c6686a504c/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=e4ed5c2e-0ae0-49ad-9135-4abf66cbbec9
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Broussard, LA 70518, USA
Date Posted: September 30, 2021
Application Deadline: November 01, 2021