Datastage Engineer – Technical Lead
- Join this dynamic organization as a Datastage Engineer – Technical Lead!
- With your expertise, you will work with a high-performing team to consult and develop solutions for a major healthcare client.
- You will support and interact with the client daily with a focus across the organization.
- You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role.
- You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge.
- You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with technical issues and help to support the broader team.
- Your success will be directly related to CGI’s and our client’s success.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Translate requirements and data mapping documents to technical design
- Develop, enhance, and maintain code following best practices and standards
- Create and execute unit test plans. Support regression and system testing efforts
- Debug and problem solve issues found during testing and/or production
- Communicate status, issues, and blockers with the project team
- Support continuous improvement by identifying and solving opportunities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of 8 years of recent experience designing, developing, deploying, and supporting IBM DataStage (11.x), computing applications in a large-scale, midrange, and distributed environment.
- Minimum of 2+ years as a Technical Lead, leading a team of Developers.
- Expertise in Data Warehousing ETL Tool DataStage using Components like DataStage Designer, DataStage Director and DataStage Operations Console
- Strong understanding of Data warehousing concepts, dimensional Star Schema and Snowflakes Schema methodology
- Expertise in designing Datastage Server jobs, Parallel Jobs, Job Sequencing, Creating Parameter Sets, Container, Environment Variables and Creating Parallel Routines, Data Cleansing and Writing Transformation expressions to derive values and remove unwanted data. Also should have good working knowledge in different stages like Transformer, look up, merge stage, ODBC connector, Oracle connector etc.
- In depth experience in troubleshooting of Datastage jobs and addressing issues like performance tuning
- Efficient in all phases of the development lifecycle, coherent with Data Cleansing, Data Conversion, Performance Tuning and System Testing
- Should have strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Should have strong Unix shell script skills
- Should have strong SQL skills with experience of working on Oracle and/or Teradata DB
- Good communication skills
- Good leadership qualities to co-ordinate with multiple teams
- Should have experience working in Agile teams in onshore- offshore model
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of AWS (especially Glue)
- Working knowledge of Python scripting
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology and concepts
- Knowledge of Testing methodologies
- Demonstrated ability and interest in learning new technologies
- Candidates should be self-starters and have the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Health Care / Health Services business area subject matter expertise highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- IBM WS Datastage Designer
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: February 23, 2023
Application Deadline: April 24, 2023
Job Type: Full-time