- CGI has an opportunity for an ETL DataStage Engineer to join this multifaceted organization!
- With your expertise, you will work with a hard-working team to advise and develop solutions for a major client.
- You will support and interact with the client daily with a focus across the organization.
- You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role.
- Work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge to efficiently address technical issues and help support the team.
- Your success will be directly related to CGI’s and our client’s success.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Translate requirements and data mapping documents to technical design.
- Develop, improve, and maintain code following practices and standards.
- Create and implement unit test plans. Support regression, system testing.
- Debug and resolve problem issues found during testing and/or production.
- Communicate status, issues, and blockers with the project team.
- Support continuous improvement by identifying and solving opportunities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 6 years of validated experience in Designing and Developing IBM DataStage (11.x)
- Expertise with Data Warehousing ETL Tool DataStage using Components like DataStage Designer, DataStage Director and DataStage Operations Console.
- Experienced in Data warehousing concepts, dimensional Star Schema and Snowflakes Schema methodology.
- Expertise in crafting DataStage Server jobs, Parallel Jobs, Job Sequencing, Crafting Parameter Sets, Container, Environment Variables and Crafting Parallel Routines, Data Cleansing and Writing Transformation expressions to derive values and remove unwanted data.
- Possess experience in different stages like Transformer, look up, merge stage, ODBC connector, Oracle connector etc.
- In depth experience in solving DataStage jobs and addressing issues like performance tuning.
- Efficient in all phases of the development lifecycle, coherent with Data Cleansing, Data Conversions, Performance Tuning and System Testing.
- Analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Unix shell script skills
- SQL skills with experience of working on Oracle and/or Teradata DB
- Good standout colleague and co-ordinate with multiple teams
- Experience working in Agile teams in onshore- offshore model
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills:
- Knowledge of AWS (especially Glue)
- Solid grasp of Python scripting
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology and concepts
- Knowledge of Testing methodologies
- Ability and curiosity about learning new technologies
- Self-starters and be able to work in a fast paced, demanding, and constantly evolving environment
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Positive relationship and partnership skills.
- Health Care / Health Services business area domain expertise preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Data Warehousing
- IBM WS Datastage Designer
- Cloud Native Development
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: February 23, 2023
Application Deadline: April 24, 2023
Job Type: Full-time