- CGI is seeking an experienced Database Developer for an exciting full time permanent role at Lafayette, LA
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze business requirements, propose, design and implement technical solutions.
- Responsible for design and development of data architecture and ETL dataflows in support of enterprise risk management, analytics and reporting.
- Work effectively with the DBA teams to ensure that all approved development and deployment procedures are followed.
- Provide production support from development teams for existing systems, troubleshoot data and/or system issues.
- Identify root causes and resolve data related issues.
- Review and optimize query performance.
- Designing class structures, application frameworks, and data models.
- Coordinating with the project team to ensure the business architecture matches the needs of the customer.
- Integrating business databases, legacy systems, and web services.
- Troubleshooting application issues, coding bugs, and bottlenecks.
- Conducting system performance tests.
- Maintaining the security of all system applications.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Extensive experience with database development tools (Oracle, Toad), ETL and integration technologies
- Experience developing large scale systems.
- Expert Python with strong SQL and understanding of ETL.
- Experience developing interfaces to Oracle or other SQL-based databases.
- Experience working in controlled development, testing and production environments.
- Experience in Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, PL/SQL, ETL processing
- Familiarity with development toolkits & source repositories SVN/GIT etc.
- Sound understanding of RDBMS
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Aptitude for debugging problems in complex, unfamiliar code
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Solid work ethic, self-driven with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Implement and maintain the database design.
- Create database objects (tables, indexes, etc.)
- Write database PLSQL Packages, procedures, functions and triggers.
- Assist team members (Developers/QA/devops) with database activities.
- Tune database queries
- Monitor application related jobs and data replication activities.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: February 03, 2023
Application Deadline: April 03, 2023
Job Type: Full-time