- The Operations and Architecture team supporting a large federal financial system is seeking an Oracle database administrator.
- Candidate will work with an established and experienced team of developers, application engineers, and other DBAs managing a complex on-premise solution supporting multi-site replication, 1,000s of concurrent application users, logical and physical replication, and multiple reporting solution databases.
- Scheduled night/weekend on-call work needed for configurations and troubleshooting during outage windows.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Install and configure Oracle Enterprise Edition 19c and higher, as released
- Create new databases, adhering to naming conventions and established standards
- Maintain database baseline configuration documentation, including security controls, profiles, role, etc.
- Monitor databases for performance issues and notify application administrators in the event of degradation or unavailability
- Tune database parameters and SQL as needed using Oracle tools, profiles, indexes, etc
- Provision database users with approved access requests
- Monitor both logical and physical replication to reporting and standby databases
- Verify backups and regularly test restore capability
- Respond to audit requests for database documentation and configuration
- Monitor security posture of the database and recommend changes to resolve issues/vulnerabilities
- Perform data exports and imports as needed to support database users (application administrators)
- Create/maintain shell scripts to support the tasks above and/or automate administrative tasks
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Candidate should have experience installing, configuring, administering and monitoring Oracle Enterprise Edition (18c or later), and working in an environment that supports at least 10 Oracle databases for multi-user applications hosted on Linux or Unix variants.
- The role requires working with toolsets for backup and restore, monitoring (e.g., Oracle Grid Control), and both logical and physical data replication, as well as applying Oracle patches in a test environment, documenting the process, and then using the instructions as a guide for production deployment.
- Immediate experience with Oracle Data Guard, both physical and logical replication
- Experience migrating Oracle databases to a Cloud environment, such as AWS or Azure
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: March 23, 2022
Application Deadline: May 27, 2022
Job Type: Full-time