Data File Transfer Engineer
- CGI is seeking a Data File Transfer Engineer who can apply their knowledge in an application support environment.
- This is an exciting full-time opportunity to join our organization and catapult your career with the 5th largest independent IT services provider in the world!
- This position is based in Lafayette LA (Preferred) but can be on-site in any CGI office in the US in a hybrid model.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Configuration and Support of IBM Connect Direct Secure Plus.
- Perform Scripting for UNIX, and Windows using JCL in Mainframe.
- Schedule and automate IBM Connect Direct file transfers.
- Work in an IBM Control Center for monitoring and Remote Management of Connect Direct.
- Perform Basic UNIX shell scripting.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Shown experience on IBM Connect Direct, with a solid grasp for UNIX and Windows.
- Experience with IBM Connect Direct on Clusters.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as IBM UDeploy, Jenkins or any other tools, etc.
- Knowledge of automation framework/language/engine like Ansible.
- Strong understanding of UNIX and Windows Operating Systems and administration activities.
- Basic Knowledge of Networking in UNIX and Windows.
- Experience working in a Production Support environment.
- Good experience with ITIL concepts and any hands-on experience in ITIL tools, especially in Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration management areas.
- Able to communicate highly technical issues, approaches, etc. to functional and management staff and offer solutions to business problems.
- Ability to provide on call support when needed.
- Strong written, and verbal skills.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related Field.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 25, 2023
Application Deadline: June 26, 2023
Job Type: Full-time