Cyber Security Engineer – Mid Level
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
This is a dynamic position on a high performing team working to deploy the next generation of cybersecurity technologies for a strategic federal customer. Here, you will draw on your IT and engineering experience to help solve complex technical problems and provide thought leadership. This position will furnish extensive tools and systems training as you grow your existing skills while you master and deploy new emerging cyber tools and techniques. In this role, you will contribute to enhancing the security posture of the customer’s networks by implementing best in class solutions that comply with the relevant cybersecurity standards, directives, and policies. Specifically, in this role, you will draw on your previous experience as an experienced technologist to implement current solutions, and you will learn and explore new solutions to solve emerging problems for the customer.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as a cybersecurity subject matter expert.
- Support a team of Cybersecurity engineers in developing, analyzing and maintaining tools that support processes for the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program.
- Work with new technologies, documentation, and implementation strategies.
- Analyze the technological solution set and assist with providing guidance to improve the solution.
- Work with data integration across multiple products to include scripting, data management, and product integration.
- Analyze and draft critical analysis for requirements and functionality.
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environments.
- Provide functional systems analysis, design, integration, and implementation, and solve exceptionally complex problems that need cybersecurity knowledge.
- Support all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases.
- Apply principles, methods and knowledge of cybersecurity to approach difficult and narrowly defined technical problems to arrive at automated solutions.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to help develop other team members.
- Help shape the team’s strategy and approach to solution development and implementation.
- Support distributed team operations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Due to the nature of the contract requirements, US citizenship and successful passing of CGI background check is required prior to beginning work. In addition, candidates must have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
- BS degree and 5-8 years (or equivalent) of experience in either information security, software development, or systems engineering. This could include academic lab work, contributions to the open source community, or a strong portfolio of work displayed in an industry-standard forum.
- Experience in security assessments and audits, deploying secure code, and analyzing data.
- Experience identifying and mitigating security risks.
- A good understanding of security policy compliance.
- Experience with multiple Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools.
- Data conversion experience to/from any or all of these: CSV, XML, JSON, similar data formats.
- Script experience with Python, C# .NET Core, PowerShell, and other scripting/interpreted languages.
- Experience with SQL Queries and building and updating SQL Stored Procedures
- Able to pick up new tools/technologies and quickly to implement emerging and innovative solutions.
- Good trouble-shooting experience.
- Good understanding of ports, payloads and protocols.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with source control systems such as Git (BitBucket), etc.
- Potential Experience with Security Tools (tools similar to BigFix, ForeScout, SCCM, Tenable, Rapid7, Tanium, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Exposure to Cloud Native development/deployment technologies.
- Exposure to container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Database experience including ability to write ANSI compliant SQL queries, develop and trouble-shoot views and stored procedures.
- Experience interacting with Web Services and APIs using REST, JSON, SOAP and other protocols using scripts and other consuming clients.
- Experience with log aggregation and search tools such as Splunk and/or Elastic.
- Experience with NoQL environments and SQL Experience.
- Some experience with Java development and Java application containers.
- General experience with PKI concepts (especially X.509 certificates), understanding of HSPD-12 and general FICAM elements.
- • CISSP, CISM and/or CISA certification(s).
- • Experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM), and Governance.
- • Understanding of the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: August 30, 2021
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021