Cyber Security Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes threat information from multiple sources, disciplines, and agencies across the Intelligence Community. Synthesizes and places intelligence information in context; draws insights about the possible implications.
- Analyzes collected information to identify vulnerabilities and potential for exploitation.
- Applies language, cultural, and technical expertise to support information collection, analysis, and other cybersecurity activities.
- Applies current knowledge of one or more regions, countries, non-state entities, and/or technologies.
- Identifies and assesses the capabilities and activities of cybersecurity criminals or foreign intelligence entities; produces findings to help initialize or support law enforcement and counterintelligence investigations or activities.
- Applies tactics, techniques, and procedures for a full range of investigative tools and processes
- Collects, processes, preserves, analyzes, and presents computer-related evidence in support of network vulnerability mitigation and/or criminal, fraud, or other internal investigations.
- Operate and Maintain
- Addresses problems; installs, configures, troubleshoots, and provides maintenance and training in response to cybersecurity requirements or inquiries (e.g., tiered-level customer support). Typically provides initial incident information to the Incident Response (IR) team.
- Manages and administers processes and tools that enable the organization to detect and identify sensitive or business critical data
- Audit company networks including hardware (e.g., firewalls, switches, routers, VPN) and software that permit the sharing and transmission of data
- Audit server configurations (hardware and software) to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Monitors accounts, firewalls, and patches. Responsible for secure processes related to access control, passwords, and account creation and administration.
- Studies an organization's current systems and procedures, and designs solutions to help the organization operate more securely, efficiently, and effectively. Brings business and information technology (IT) together by understanding the needs and limitations of both.
- Protect and Defend
- Uses defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze, and report events that occur or might occur within the network to protect information, information systems, and networks from threats.
- Tests, implements, deploys, maintains, reviews, and administers the infrastructure hardware and software that are required to effectively manage the computer network defense and associated resources. Monitors network to actively remediate unauthorized activities.
- Responds to cybersecurity events to mitigate immediate and potential threats. Uses mitigation, preparedness, and response and recovery approaches, as needed, to maximize business continuity, preservation of property, and information security. Investigates and analyzes relevant response activities.
- Conducts assessments of threats and vulnerabilities; determines deviations from acceptable configurations, enterprise or local policy; assesses the level of risk; and develops and/or recommends appropriate mitigation countermeasures in operational and nonoperational situations.
- Testing and Evaluation
- Develops and conducts tests of systems to evaluate compliance with specifications and requirements.
- Training, Education, and Awareness
- Conducts training of personnel within pertinent subject domain. Develops, plans, coordinates, delivers and/or evaluates training courses, methods, and techniques as appropriate.
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of five to seven years of experience in a combination of information security and IT. 5 years relevant experience can be used in lieu of degree. Military or training programs also considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to speak clearly and concisely on cybersecurity strategy and policy, as well as to be able to convey technical information to individuals of different levels of technical comprehension, ranging from senior management to technical experts
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Professional security certifications are desirable, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), or other similar security related certifications
- Experience in cloud and/or co-location data center security specifically with Microsoft Azure and AWS will be highly desirable
- Fundamental Computer Forensics skills to effectively protect organizations' digital assets and prevent security breaches
- Understanding of regulatory and compliance specification relevant to HIPAA, PCI-DSS, SOC ½ or SOX is desirable
- Strong knowledge of web, mobile, and/or desktop application security vulnerabilities and countermeasures, including the OWASP Top 10
- Experience working with products in the following categories (Enterprise password vaults, Vulnerability scanning and management, SIEM, EDR, Application control, Network micro-segmentation, Cloud Security, O365, Azure AD, Manage Azure identities and governance, Identity and Access Management
- Ability to distil complex security threats and risks into simple terms for non-security (and even non-technical) stakeholders
- Experience securing networks and infrastructure through firewall design, network segmentation and access (VPNs etc.)
- A desire to learn and self-educate to stay current on best practices and emerging industry trends
- Knowledge of the latest trends and awareness of current hacking techniques and cybercrime
- Knowledge of hacking to know how systems could be breached, and in turn, create effective solutions to prevent attacks
- Highly vigilant and detail-oriented to effectively detect vulnerabilities and risks and quickly identify concerns and implement real-time security solutions to solve and address issues and complications before they expand
- Up-to-date knowledge of information security risk management and cybersecurity technologies, methodologies, and trends in both business and IT
- Proven track record and experience in successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of excellence in a dynamic and highly matrixed business environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to make decisions in high-pressure, high-stress situations
- Knowledge of common information security and service management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL/ITSM, COBIT/ISACA, Cloud Security Alliance as well as those from NIST, including 800-53 and Cybersecurity Control Framework will be a real advantage
- Strong track record of sound judgement and professionally handling highly confidential and sensitive matters
- Experience with ITIL processes highly preferred
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.viemed.com/company-information/#careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: June 10, 2022
Application Deadline: July 11, 2022
Job Type: Full-time