Customer Service Representative (Re-Supply)
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns and maintains knowledge of current patient database and billing system
- Has proper phone etiquette and represents VieMed in a professional manner
- Obtains patient demographic and health insurance information; collects co-pay if appropriate
- Enters patient information into the computer system.
- Verifies & records insurance benefits
- Maintains a working knowledge of Medicare and insurance regulations and requirements as communicated by management
- Able to read through and understand medical documentation effectively
- Interacts professionally with physicians, patients/family and Co-Workers.
- Schedules set ups, as called into VieMed, by physicians or physician's office staff, per policy and procedure.
- Answers telephone in a polite and professional manner. Communicates information to appropriate personnel.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Manager, and other superiors.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationship with co-workers for the patient's benefit.
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated. Organization and management of Secretary's activities reflect due consideration for the needs of the facility and staff.
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment, within the coordinator's scope of practice.
- Manages and operates computer equipment safely and correctly.
- Completes other duties, as assigned.
- Adheres to company dress code and maintains neat and clean appearance.
- Completes annual education/in-service requirements.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
You will be expected to work during normal business hours, which are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please note this job description is not designed to cover and/or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
Please apply at: https://viemed.apscareerportal.com/jobs/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: August 13, 2021
Application Deadline: October 14, 2021