Custodian for Senior Centers
@ Lafayette Council on Aging
• Sanitizes all areas of facility including tables and exercise equipment. routinely throughout the day.
• Keeps building and property in clean and orderly condition.
• Performs routine maintenance activities.
• Performs heavy cleaning duties.
• Sweeps, mops, scrubs, or vacuums floors.
• Gathers and empties trash.
• Scrubs, sanitizes, and supplies restroom facilities..
• Mixes cleaning solutions and chemicals in containers in preparation for cleaning, according to instructions.
• Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power machinery to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
• Cleans and polishes fixtures and furniture.
• Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
• Manages inventory of cleaning supplies.
• Notifies Site managers regarding the need for repairs or additions to building operating systems.
• Assists Site Managers with any tasks necessary throughout the day
1. High school diploma.
2. General Education Diploma (GED).
Applicant must have a good driving record, current driver’s license, and valid auto insurance (minimum limits as required by law). Must have CPR/First Aid certification. The ability to relate and work with older persons, and a genuine interest, concern, and awareness of older persons and their problems is vital.
How to Apply:
Please apply in person at The Lafayette Council on Aging, 160 Industrial Parkway, Lafayette, LA 70508 between 8:30AM and 3:00PM Monday -Thursday.