Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns and maintains knowledge of current patient database and billing system
- Has proper phone etiquette and represents VieMed in a professional manner
- Obtains patient demographic and health insurance information; collects co-pay if appropriate
- Enters patient information into the computer system
- Verifies & records insurance benefits
- Maintains a working knowledge of Medicare and insurance regulations and requirements as communicated by management
- Able to read through and understand medical documentation effectively
- Interacts professionally with physicians, patients/family and Co-Workers.
- Schedules set ups, as called into VieMed, by physicians or physician’s office staff, per policy and procedure.
- Answers telephone in a polite and professional manner. Communicates information to appropriate personnel.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Manager, and other supervisors
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationship with co-workers for the patient’s benefit
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated. Organization and management of Secretary’s activities reflect due consideration for the needs of the facility and staff
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment, within the coordinator’s scope of practice.
- Manages and operates computer equipment safely and correctly.
- Completes other duties, as assigned
VieMed is seeking a Customer Service Representative in Sleep Therapy
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.viemed.com/company-information/#careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: April 28, 2023
Application Deadline: July 03, 2023
Job Type: Full-time