@ Little Blessings Academy
$1500.00 Sign on/Retention Bonus
- At Little Blessings Childcare & Preschool, becoming a teacher is not just a job, it is an opportunity.
- In addition to working directly with highly experienced mentors and directors, childcare teachers gain life experience that goes far beyond just teaching children.
- A job at Little Blessings is a stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business and childcare. Becoming a childcare teacher means helping to nurture something bigger than yourself by shaping the future, one child at a time.
At Little Blessings, our directors consider their childcare teachers to be more than just employees, they are a highly valued family member of our Little Blessings’ family. With each employee becomes a possibility for growth within the company.
- The company is ever-growing, currently having nine centers. This allows for opportunity of movement and change through the centers.
- We value candidates that have a positive and flexible attitude and can lead a classroom in a patient and loving manner.
- Each staff member uses their unique teaching style to observe children as they “play their way through learning.”
- Our teachers also collaborate and plan educational curriculum weekly with their daycare director.
Responsibilities while working at a Little Blessings Childcare & Preschool looks like:
- Availability to work weekday shifts from 6:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- Building and maintaining relationships with families and coworkers and creating a dynamic environment where play and discovery go hand in hand.
- Taking on a teacher role by instructing lessons based on specific curriculum
- Cleaning and maintaining a safe, organized classroom environment
- Administering daily food, snacks, or formula for mealtimes
- Ability to physically lift a minimum of 40 pounds and work indoors or outdoors.
- Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity
- Participate in on-going training designed to maintain our standards. This includes on going training within the active network of Lafayette and at least 12 hours of training annually.
Salary Range: $10-17
Our ideal applicants at a Little Blessings Childcare & Preschool will have:
- A love for children
- A desire to make a difference everyday
- A strong passion for early childhood education
- Commitment to being fully present and on-time at school everyday
- Act with integrity, honesty, loyalty, dedication, maturity, and compassion
- Outstanding customer service skills
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Childcare experience (Preferred)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
If applicant is not CPR certified, has childcare experience, and/or Child Development Associate Certification all three will be taught during their time at Little Blessings.
How to Apply:
You can apply through our website by filling out the application listed on the Staff page or you can call our Executive Director to schedule an interview: 337-446-4800 ext. 1006.
Visit Site to Apply
Location: We have locations in Carencro, Scott, Lafayette, Milton, Broussard, Youngsville, and Breaux Bridge.
Date Posted: March 15, 2023
Application Deadline: April 17, 2023