@ SafeSource Direct
- Cleaning all equipment, tanks, and vessels as needed.
- Makes sure all chemicals returned to inventory have weights and are cleaned.
- Sets up and monitors all mixing tanks, vessels, and mixers.
- Obtains and understands all documentation for batching products.
- Ensures all chemicals returned to inventory has the correct quantity and information on the chemicals.
- Operates all equipment including tanks, mixers, scales, meters, pump, etc.
- Completes all paperwork and batch documentation in a timely manner.
- Submits finished product samples to the lab for approval.
- Communicates with production when batches are complete and ready to fill.
- Monitors all temperatures on batches that require heating and cooling.
- Verifies raw chemical usage on each batch are added correctly with correct volumes or weights.
- Verifies and calibrates raw chemical feeding pumps.
- Follows LOTO procedures for working in and around equipment.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Observes and follows safety procedures and S.O.P’s set by the company.
- Records operating data, for example temperature and pH in chlorinator and related equipment.
- Refers all issues to the lead/supervisor.
- Weighs up chemicals for batching.
- Ensures the glove dipping line has a steady feed of compounded rubber. Acid/Alkaline Operator:
- Ensures the glove dipping line has a consistent level of acid and alkaline materials in the
- Performs hourly check of the levels of Acid/Alkaline tanks and adjusts chemical feeds as necessary
- Operates the chemical metering pumps.
Coagulation Compounder/ Operator
- Ensures the glove dipping line has a consistent level of coagulant feeding it.
- Checks the specific gravity of coagulation tanks and documents the results.
- Performs tests of the % solids and makes changes to the coagulation dipping tanks as necessary.
Chlorination Operator (3-5 Years experience in chemical operations)
- Controls equipment in which chemicals or other materials are chlorinated.
- 1-3 years’ experience in chemical operations or closely related field.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written and oral instructions including safety rules, operating procedures, batch recipes and material identification.
- Must have mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply, and divide as well as making the necessary conversions.
- Able to handle 55 gallon drums and powder bags up to 60 lbs.
- Able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Displays good troubleshooting skills.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.safesourcedirect.com/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Broussard, LA
Date Posted: April 08, 2022
Application Deadline: June 09, 2022
Job Type: Full-time