@ Lafayette Council on Aging
Responsible for visiting clients, new or established and conducting the Louisiana Independent Living Assessments (LILA). The Case Management Assessor will be assigned exclusively to activities related to elderly clientele.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (Note: Essential functions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed in this position. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is: similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.)
• Serves as a resource person and collaborates with all agency personnel.
• Conducts assessments on elderly clients. ( LILA and NFCSP) as assigned.
• Develops a care plan for assisting eligible, elderly clients.
• Communicates with other Agency staff on behalf of clients.
• Visits all clients referred by the Agency and assures that individual appointments are kept.
• Keeps home visitation records on all clients.
• Participates in program evaluations.
• Answers questions from area residents and the general public regarding LCOA services in person and by telephone.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with appropriate community service agencies and facilities.
• Maintains good work and public relations-this includes demonstrating friendliness, warmth, and cooperation to participants, co-workers, and supervisors.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Programs & Personnel.
- Emotional Maturity
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer/Client Focus (Genuine interest in, and concern for, older adults)
- Good writing skills
Preferred Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Applicant must have a good driving record, current driver’s license, and valid auto insurance (minimum limits as required by law). Must have CPR/First Aid certification. The ability to relate and work with older persons, and a genuine interest, concern, and awareness of older persons and their problems is vital.
How to Apply:
Please apply in person at the Lafayette Council on Aging.
Lafayette Council on Aging
160 Industrial Parkway
Lafayette LA 70508
contact person: Monica Smith