Business Systems Analyst
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Researches software systems in order to understand existing functionalities and impact of potential changes
- Analyzes operations to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Documents scope of software update requests through research
- Captures business requirements and business process management
- Translates business requirements to specific and complete functional requirements to be relied upon by designated project team
- Collaborates with the project team and validate that all necessary requirements have been fulfilled
- Monitors the performance of vendors/service providers to assure quality and service levels are maintained. Immediately reports any situations where service and support levels are not within standards.
- Various marginal functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Healthcare applications experience prefer DME, EHR, SalesForce, call center solutions, medical billing software, etc.
- Must have a strong understanding of the functionality of the applications, the products/services and business processes supported by the applications.
- Must understand the security aspects of the applications in regards to user access, user roles,
- imported data, exported data and data storage
- Must understand the integration of other applications and their associated security aspects
- Must understand the definition of the data fields within the applications and the application’s database structure
- Must have a working knowledge of the compliance standards associated to the products and services supported by assigned applications
- Must be knowledgeable in developing and maintaining detailed application administration documentation
- Must possess a working knowledge of business process mapping and project management
- Must have expert knowledge of assigned core business applications
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must have ability to understand all business processes within the VieMed, as well as understanding the underlying technologies supporting those business processes
- Must have good interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, flexible, compassionate
- Must be skilled at interviewing, listening, observing, and modeling
- Must be able to facilitate group meetings
- Must have strong PC skills, with proficiency of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Visio
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required, with the ability to research issues, summarize findings, and make meaningful recommendations
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as required
- Must be able to complete all assignments with minimal supervision
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to VieMed members, both internal and external
Education and Background
- 4+ years of business analysis experience for a mid-large organization and/or consulting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field is required; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- A working knowledge of the fundamentals of the HealthCare industry strongly preferred
- Project management experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Open Solutions applications preferred
- At least one year’s experience supporting critical application software required (on premise and SaaS).
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.viemed.com/company-information/#careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: June 10, 2022
Application Deadline: July 11, 2022
Job Type: Full-time