Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer / Advisor
- CGI is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer Advisor who can apply their knowledge in an application development environment.
- This is a full-time opportunity to join our organization and enhance your career with the 5th largest independent IT services provider in the world!
- Hybrid model on-site in Lafayette LA is preferred, Remote WFH is an option.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Handle issues and resolution of BI infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, and customer expectations. Partners with IT resources on BI engineering related issues and strategies.
- Perform architecture, engineering and support of the Enterprise BI application environment.
- Perform BI Application Suite Architecture and Management
- Gain theater-wide customer requirements, design, and implement system architectures to ensure high availability and low application latency for various BI suite services.
- Configure and deploy the entire suite of BI applications to suit customer requirements.
- Work with a team of developers to integrate BI services into business process specific web applications.
- Lead content, create maps, overlays, and auditing reports as needed
- Handle web infrastructure – IIS, DNS, Https, Domain certificates, Identity Active Directory / LDAP
- Automate routine tasks using appropriate technologies to manage the BI server environment and demonstrate improved efficiencies and cost savings
- Work with DevOps to deploy new applications, services, scheduled jobs and support automation capabilities and requirements
- Participate in risk assessments and full project life cycle design activities to support more senior engineers.
- Take part in the planning and implementation of system upgrades and maintenance.
- Ensure service availability in accordance with customer-established requirements.
- Complete day-to-day Infrastructure Engineering tasks without immediate supervision
- Be the escalation point for technical support and fix efforts
- Periodic off-hours and on-call support of a 7x24x365 environment
- Other engineering duties as assigned
- Provide a high-level Business Acumen
- Provide strong support/customer service skills and a ‘meet people where they are’ demeanor
- Inquisitiveness and the desire to continually learn and improve the customer experience
- Participate in user meetings for education and networking
- Possess strong written and verbal communication
- Succinctly and correctly articulate designs, issues, and recommendations
- Provide technical briefings to decision makers.
- Work with and provide technical and/or non-technical briefings and support to technical staff and business owners
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in providing engineering support and oversight on Business Intelligence (BI) design, engineering and development of information technology solutions.
- Responsible for a multi-site, multi domain BI tools activities and integrations and Product Development.
- Good analytical and creative problem-solving skills for design, creation and testing of software
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; and establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Strategic Agility – Is able to come up with the next great breakthrough thing to do; is creative, a strategic thinker, and can lead innovation; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alternative futures without all of the data
- Handle Ambiguity reliably cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can handle risk and uncertainty; and can decide and act without having the total picture
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to all kinds of people—up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization
- Learning and Applying
- BI Business Intelligence
- Server Support
- Shell Scripting
- Web Portal
- Risk Assessments
- Active Directory
- Web Infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or other related technical degree.
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills
- Domino Platform Administration
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 03, 2023
Application Deadline: June 05, 2023
Job Type: Full-time