Business Development Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, deliver and support a business development program that is about business retention and expansion, new business development, jobs creation and electrical load growth.
- Market SLEMCO electricity to new customers and existing customers looking to expand.
- Maintain close contact with local government leaders and local and state economic development leaders to promote the interests of SLEMCO.
- Assist in Franchise agreement negotiations.
- Participate actively in community and civic programs and projects in such a manner as to bring respect and improved public relations; and to seek every opportunity to develop an understanding and acceptance of SLEMCO’s plans, programs, and objectives.
- Know all SLEMCO rate schedules and be familiar with their application and be able to explain them to customers.
- Serve as liaison and coordinate work with Franchise communities.
- Call on customers, prospects, builders, developers and become acquainted with them as individuals through personal contact.
- Develop close working relationships with other economic development professionals at local, state, and national levels.
- Advise consumers on applicable rates, SLEMCO policies, rules; and regulations, contract terms and all other procedures that affect consumers.
- Be aware of opportunities to retain existing business and secure new business in the face of competition.
- Join economic development trade organizations at local, parish, regional, state, and national levels. Join and participate in area Chambers of Commerce.
- Assist in Member Communications, particularly regarding SLEMCO social media accounts.
- Attends City Council and Parish Council meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed from time to time.
- Business and/or Economic development work experience desired.
- If individual does not already have an economic developer certification, he or she will be encouraged to pursue one.
- Individual should have knowledge of the SLEMCO electrical distribution system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree and/or Certified Economic Developer certificate preferred.
- Substantial experience in this field may be substituted for a college degree.
- Continuing education will be required from time to time in related areas of this position or other areas as directed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with one half hour for lunch.
- The employee is required to work odd and unusual hours, including Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, or evenings.
- Employee is required to be available for emergency and/or prearranged work whenever called upon.
- Employee must be willing to do some traveling. Much of work is performed outside the office.
- Hand-eye coordination and fine manipulation skills are necessary to operate computers and various office machinery.
- This position also requires good listening skills.
- The employee may be required to push, pull, lift and /or carry up to 30 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://slemco.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 14, 2022
Application Deadline: October 14, 2022
Job Type: Full-time