Business Development Officer
@ Meritus Credit Union
Position Title: Business Development Officer
Reports To: Marketing Supervisor
- The Business Development Officer (BDO) plays a key role in helping Meritus Credit Union meet its strategic membership and sales goals.
- The BDO will proactively develop, implement and manage strategies and activities to promote growth and positioning the Credit Union and its products and services.
- The BDO maintains the credit union’s relationship with key representatives within the field of membership.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Marketing Supervisor to develop strategies to increase membership and product penetration.
- Promote the benefits of the credit union through off site presentations and membership drives at partner locations during new employee orientations, staff meetings and other events.
- Maintain contact and continuously to develop on-going relationships with ambassadors including written/phone/email, on-site visits and other means.
- Assist members and new prospects with their financial goals by identifying and promoting products, loans and services to meet those needs. Open new accounts, disseminate referrals to departments and follow-up on account requests received from partner groups.
- Conduct promotional item inventory research and manage orders
- Conduct financial seminars and presentations to key employer groups, members and youth.
- Assist Marketing team with planning and staffing department events.
- Assist the Marketing Department in development of campaigns, member events and other initiatives including budget management.
- Track business development efforts and outcomes. Present monthly reports to the Marketing Supervisor (i.e., visits, calls, referrals, incentives, etc.).
- Ability to make informative and persuasive presentations to management, staff, established and prospective members, and outside organizations. Must able to communicate and discuss complex ideas.
Salary Range: $44,030-$68,030
Knowledge and Skills:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in public relations, marketing, business administration.
- A minimum of two years of related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented, independent self-directed, and able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, negotiation, public speaking/presentation, sales and organizational skills required.
- Excellent knowledge of both principals and methods for presenting, promoting and selling products and services. Demonstrated ability to sell and develop relationships with a consultative approach.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude to enhance member relations and enrich service delivery.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of Credit Union and member records at all times.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of credit union products and services and cross-sell Credit Union products and services when applicable.
- Actively participate in external community events in order to promote Credit Union and develop a referral network.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook.
- Extensive local travel in the Acadiana region. This is a driving position with no company car provided. A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and adequate auto insurance required for accomplishing job requirements.
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Assist with other duties and tasks as assigned to accomplish the Marketing Department mission.
- Work required includes occasional physical activity including lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, squatting, twisting and reaching.
How to Apply:
Apply at Meritus Credit Union website
Visit Site to Apply
Date Posted: January 12, 2022
Application Deadline: February 14, 2022