@ LSBDC at UL Lafayette
Small Business Counseling and Training:
- Interview and assess client needs.
- Provide counseling or e-counseling that includes feasibility, financial, regulatory, and operational guidance and technical assistance on the various aspects of starting and expanding a successful small business including, but not limited to:
- Analyzing the specific business and industry data in finance, marketing, management and operations,
- Providing guidance in the development of business plans and financial packages; calculating and interpreting historical and projected financial ratios;
- Preparing proforma cash flow and financial statements;
- Identifying problems and areas for improvement;
- Providing guidance on expansion to include employment requirements, foreign markets, government contracting, and technology commercialization;
- Conducting quality-based assessments;
- Providing information on federal, state, and local regulations and programs, and
- Providing guidance in loan packaging to pre-venture, start-up, or existing businesses.
- Develop a resource network to be used in providing referrals to appropriate resources.
- Plan and market training on subjects relevant to small business start-up and growth.
- Recruit government, private and public entities, as well as businesses and business persons to provide voluntary training.
- Evaluate programs’ effectiveness and measure impact of services provided.
- Assist in the transfer of university-based knowledge to the small business community.
- Ensure timely and accurate counseling data input into Center IC client information management system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Center Director
Salary Range: DOE
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5 years’ experience in managing and operating a business
How to Apply:
Applicants must apply using the University of Louisiana at Lafayette online portal.
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 16, 2023
Application Deadline: June 16, 2023