The Business Systems Analyst will:
• Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats, design new computer programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
• Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
• Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
• Defining project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
• Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
• Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
• Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and provide training to users.
• Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
• Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses
• Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
• Analyze information processing or computation needs and plan and design computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering
• Create and maintain user stories from prioritized backlog of program features, provide team with necessary clarification for story estimates, story priorities, story sequencing and team objectives in preparation for program Increment planning.
• Own and drive iteration goals and content by maintaining an appropriate flow of groomed and prioritized stories in the team backlog
• Establish story acceptance criteria in collaboration with the team; accept stories into the baselines; and accept iteration increments.
• Write and execute story acceptance tests before assigning it to business stakeholders for final validation
• Define and develop BDD tests for the features/ stories in Gherkins.
• Work with business to prioritize the product backlog and keep it refined and up to date
• Work with QE teams to prioritize regression testing during the PI and contribute to test strategy for the products
• Help technical writing teams to develop product documentations, release notes.
• Apply work breakdown techniques to breakdown EPICs into features and establish clear definition of done
• Work with agile teams to get estimates and assist them during story breakdown workshops. Should be able to bridge the gap between business and IT
• Make sure that the features, stories and other deliverables are of high quality
• Work with Level 2 support team to identify the business areas for prod incidents, work with business owners to identify validity of prod incidents; work with agile teams for resolution
• Participate in daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning meetings, demos, sprint retrospectives, backlog grooming sessions, and Program Incrementing planning events as appropriate
• Develop and document the test plans for the solutions produced and facilitate the testing sessions (UAT and End to End testing) required to ensure these solutions function correctly and meet all planned expectations.
• Assure quality of solution is met by validating stories meet acceptance criteria and having the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests which meet the definition of done. Accept stories as done.
• Attend Product Management planning and program backlog refinement meetings as necessary
• Actively participate in the preparation of Program Increment planning and the actual event
• Partner with Product Manager to prepare features and user stories for continual planning cycles
• Responsible for the Program Increment system demo
• Participate in team iterations demos and reviews to ensure solutions meet the business requirements
• Work across teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase the velocity and quality of the program
Participate in the preparation and delivery of the Program Increment system demo
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field
• 7+ years prior relevant business analysis experience
• Should be a quality advocate
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to communicate with “C” level executives as well as business managers
• Strong analytical skills and ability to learn quickly
• Strong software delivery experience
• Highly skilled in participating in design sessions, driving discover and backlog grooming workshops
• Adept at defining clear acceptance criteria for the features; highly skilled in writing acceptance
tests, and BDD tests in Gherkins
• Should be strong testers who would provide constructive feedback
• Should be the voice of the customers
• Strong negotiation skills
• Experience participating in diverse teams
• System Integration Designing
• Business Process Design and Analysis
• Business Process Flow Diagraming
• Product Backlog Refinement management
• Critical business prioritization management
• Conceptualization of business needs into technical requirements
• Bonus points for familiarity with test automation, API testing and UI testing
• Bonus points for SQL knowledge, 2-5 years of experience
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 08, 2021
Application Deadline: October 08, 2021