AWS Splunk Administrator
- CGI has an immediate need for AWS Splunk Admin to join our financial services team in one of our selected CGI locations: Columbia, SC; Belton, TX or Lafayette, LA.
- Due to the current COVID-19 status, candidates will not be required to work within the physical work location at this time.
- When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, they will be required to be located within the proximity of the assigned CGI location.
- This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry.
- We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Work on advanced Splunk administration, and development efforts, with a goal towards enhancing/building out the Splunk infrastructure as it relates to application/machine logs, troubleshooting, reporting, custom queries, dashboards, and security roles administration.
- Support, maintain, and expand Splunk infrastructure in a highly resilient configuration
- Standardized Splunk agent deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of platforms
- Troubleshoot Splunk server and agent problems and issues
- Support Splunk developers and users in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards
- Available for escalations and support operations for Splunk
- Monitor the agent and server infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization
- Support Splunk on Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms
- Automate processes and procedures where applicable
- Research, design, evaluate, recommend and support major hardware and software enhancements
- Design, code and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Good Scripting experience in Python
- Core Splunk Knowledge
- Experience deploying apps within Splunk and administrating the Splunk platform.
- Experience with data normalization and data modeling within the Splunk environment.
- Experience in creating and managing Splunk DB connects Identities, Database connections, Database inputs, outputs, lookups, access controls, custom alerts, custom operations
- Strong Understanding of Splunk platform configuration, Web UI, and Common Information Model.
- Basic Understanding of regular expression.
- Experience in Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) and ability to customize queries to do advanced searching.
- Experience in performing DevOps activities.
- Experience managing objects (fields, extractions, tags, event types, lookups, workflow actions, aliases, macros, and so on)
- Experience in data onboarding/heavy Forwarders/Universal Forwarded
- 2 years of Experience with Splunk Enterprise on AWS is required
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Onboarding of data including but not limited to:
- AWS Data
- Syslog Data sources
- HTTP Event Collector
- Administration of Splunk environment Troubleshooting parsing issues
- Troubleshooting indexer errors
- Configuration of outputs.conf
- SSL Certificates for outputs.conf
- AWS Splunk Enterprise Security, Data Models
- Troubleshoot issues and platform stabilization
- Migration to cloud
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant field of study
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Date Posted: March 30, 2023
Application Deadline: June 01, 2023
Job Type: Full-time