AWS Spark ETL Developer
- Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry ? Look no further, CGI is seeking a AWS Spark ETL Developer who can bring expertise and industry best practices to define better development and Engineering approaches.
- This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
- If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- You will be a key contributor to our Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
- Clearly identify the essential qualification vs the desired qualifications.
- Work with technical development team and team lead to understand desired application capabilities.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices.
- Work within and across Agile teams to test and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Develop applications in AWS - data and analytics technologies including but not limited to Glue, EMR, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, S3, VPC, EC2, RDS, IAM.
- Build ETL pipelines using Apache Spark.
- Conduct development using application development by lifecycles, & continuous integration/deployment practices.
- Integrate open source components into data-analytic solutions
- Work with vendors to enhance tool capabilities to meet enterprise needs
- Continuously learn & share learnings with others
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- At least 8 years of solid, diverse work experience in IT Industry, with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in application program development
- Hands on experience with AWS services such as Glue, EMR, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, S3, VPC, EC2, RDS, IAM.
- Strong knowledge of apache Spark and hands on development experience.
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Scala, Java etc)
- Experience in ETL / Data application development and version control systems such as Git.
- Knowledge of application development lifecycles, & continuous integration/deployment practices.
- 3+ years experience delivering and operating large scale, highly visible distributed systems.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS services such as Glue, EMR, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, S3, VPC, EC2, RDS, IAM
- 3+ years of Python/Scala/Java etc Programming 3
- 2+ years of Spark
- 2+ years of SQL– Simple to Complex SQL analysis
- Knowledge of IAC using terraform is preferred.
- Snowflake MPP and graph database experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Educational Expectations: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Field.
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Spark SQL
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: April 06, 2023
Application Deadline: June 08, 2023
Job Type: Full-time