AWS Developer with Python
- Join this dynamic organization as an AWS Developer!
- With your expertise, you will work with multi user, cloud-ready, multi-tenant team based on a Python, AWS and Teradata stack.
- You will support and interact with the team members daily with a focus across the organization.
- You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology leading a team of developers.
- You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge.
- You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with technical issues and help to support the broader team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Drive mentality of building well architected applications for Cloud
- Drive the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team.
- Drive automation and integrate with CI/CD tools such as Terraform for continuous validation.
- Can identify code defects and work with other developers to address quality issues in product code.
- Passion for finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools.
- Passion for continuing education and improving code quality.
- Able to articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative agile pattern daily. FSEs have an ownership over their work task, and are comfortable interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary.
- Core code production for data integration applications
- Operational triage of bugs, failed test cases and system failures
- Creating and optimizing infrastructure performance metrics
- Mapping user stories to detailed technical specifications
- Complete detailed peer code reviews
- Deploying & developing cloud applications end to end
- Architecting a pilot or PoC effort to bring innovation to delivery
- Working In stages of the environment lifecycle including Production
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience in using AWS services such as Glue, S3, API Gateway, SNS, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with implementing Terraform pipelines
- Strong coding experience with Python
- Solid understanding in Git based Software version
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Experience with Teradata database
- Experience with ETL tools such as Datastage
- Experience with containers such as Open Shift/ Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience with NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: April 27, 2023
Application Deadline: July 03, 2023
Job Type: Full-time