AWS Cloud Engineer
- Join this multifaceted organization as a AWS Cloud Engineer / Advisor. With your expertise, you will work with a successful team to consult and develop solutions for a major client. You will support and work with the client daily with a focus across the organization. You will have the opportunity to show and grow with technology in a customer-facing role.
- You will be responsible for development of a Data Retention Application within the Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) team by leveraging industry and data platform tools.
- You will be providing content and professional leadership on sophisticated Cloud Engineering assignments/projects, exercising considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives, uses deep professional knowledge and competence to advise functional leaders, focuses on providing thought leadership within own subject area but works on broader projects, which require understanding of wider business; recognized internally as a domain expert. Implements' organization's cloud strategy from a technical perspective, including design, planning, integration, maintenance and support of cloud architecture.
- Work with partners across the organization to evaluate Cloud Systems and identify appropriate solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Support the development and execution of Cloud implementation strategy within the organization's existing IT infrastructure.
- Function as a hands-on developer of the ILM-Data Retention team, participating in design, documentation, development, deployment, and maintenance of processes using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Build validated and robust technical solutions to support the delivery of Enterprise Data Retention functions on-premise and cloud environments (AWS)
- Ensure existing strategic direction and architectural strategies
- Work with engineers and developers to design and build scalable, automated CI/CD pipelines with the latest open source resources
- Develop automated processes for infrastructure builds, monitoring, deployments and integration.
- Ensure application patterns and site reliability practices
- Develop an AWS cloud platform using AWS EC2, VPC, IAM, S3, ECS/EKS, RDS, Lambda, and others resources.
- DevOps IAC development using Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, and others
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of 6 years or more of Development in AWS Cloud platform using AWS EC2, VPC, IAM, S3, ECS/EKS, RDS, Lambda, Airflow and others resources
- IAC development using Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, and others
- Proficient in procedural, functional and object oriented languages
- Experience with application observability patterns and site reliability practices
- Experience with developing complex applications with relational database systems (RDBMS). SQL Proficiency
- At least 3 years of software development experience with ETL and Big Data platforms
- Strong automation background: with emphasis on CI/CD, TDD
- Required knowledge in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, Kotlin, Scala, SQL
- AWS (EMR/Spark, S3, EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, Airflow, Glue, Athena)
- CI/CD - GIT, Jenkins, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Agile Tools (Rally/Jira)
- API Frameworks (Flask, Fast API, Spring Boot)
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- Background in systems architecture
- Proficient in developing API’s and micro services architecture
- Open source savvy, possessing experience using common open source libraries/frameworks
- Educational Expectations: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related field
- Big Data
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 12, 2022
Application Deadline: October 12, 2022
Job Type: Full-time