AWS Cloud Engineer
- At CGI Federal's Emerging Solutions Group, we are looking for AWS Cloud Engineers to deliver IT excellence and create innovative solutions in the Cloud.
- Work with fellow AWS and Azure architects and engineers to create solutions, automation and applications.
- Leverage AWS services and APIs to create cloud native applications to support clients and ESG’s MSP practice that can scale across accounts.
- This role will be split between client delivery and development efforts.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Become subject matter exports and evangelize the latest technologies and tools to provide better efficiency and solution to other teams.
- Build and configure build plans, code pipelines and create automated solutions that can be re-used
- Design and implement secure solutions and architectures for cloud, multiple cloud and hybrid to support clients, delivery teams, and Managed Service Provider (MSP)/Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) practices.
- Document all configuration, management and optimization changes to the cloud environment
- Implementing cloud governance, build, deployment and monitoring standards for the clients
- Support federal clients in AWS deployments, migrations, operations and maintenance activities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 3-5 years of experience with AWS Cloud
- Ability to convert requirements, documentation and diagrams into deployable templates and code to execute the Cloud Architect’s vision of the solution
- Embrace and focus on emerging technology and evangelize to the technical teams and projects
- Experience deploying and maintaining solutions built on AWS IaaS (Infrastructure as a service), PaaS (Platform as a service), and SaaS (Software as a service) offerings
- Knowledge of Git for source code version control and orchestration deployment using CI/CD pipelines
- Needs to have the ability to develop and contribute while working seamlessly in a distributed team via collaboration tools
- Must own ability to learn fast, adapt to new technology and keep current with industry certifications
- Understanding of Agile and DevOps methods and mindset
- Using Infrastructure as Code (AWS CloudFormation, AWS CDK, Pulumi, Terraform) to deploy resources
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate, AWS Certified SysOp Administrator - Associate or AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate and Security+ or higher Certifications
- AWS Security and Management Services (Certificate Manager, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Config, GuardDuty, KMS, IAM, Security Hub, Secrets Manager)
- Bachelor level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
- Developing Serverless applications leveraging AWS services (DynamoDB, Event Bridge, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS)
- Experience in supporting container-based applications, microservices patterns and API`s in AWS (Docker, AWS ECS, AWS ECR, AWS Fargate, AWS EKS, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of at least one of federal compliance standards (CMMC, DoD SRG, DoD STIGs, FedRAMP and NIST) is preferred.
- Knowledge of cloud networking patterns and services, such as load balancing, overlay networking, VPN and multi-datacenter networking
- Knowledge with Configuration as Code tools/services (Puppet, Ansible or AWS SSM) for orchestration of EC2 OS level configuration and compliance
- Understanding and desire to work with AI (Artificial Intelligence), ML (Machine Learning) and Big Data services and solutions.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- Agile & DevOps
- AWS Technical Professional
- Continuous Integration
- Infrastructure as a Code
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: August 19, 2022
Application Deadline: October 19, 2022
Job Type: Full-time