Automation Test Engineer (Python or R)
CGI is seeking Software Automation Test Engineers. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting clients throughout the country.
Qualified candidates should have knowledge & hands-on software automation experience and banking experience in the following areas if possible: demand deposit/savings/money market accounts, transfers, sweeps, and account opening platforms.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Writes code, scripts or procedures to test systems and/or controls.
- Ensures proper procedures and controls are in place throughout the development process
- Reviews engineering deliverables.
- Responsible for reporting and tracking issues.
- Responsible for planning, design and development of appropriate automated tests
- Design, Develop, setup and maintain automation frameworks
- Responsible for setting, planning, designing and implementing the automation architecture
- Responsible for setting, developing and maintaining automation development strategies
- Oversight of technical work of other automation engineers
- Responsible for code review and compliance to automation standards of both onshore and offshore teams
- Participate in improvement of automation standards and ensure implementation with on and offshore teams
- Stay abreast of functional changes that would affect regression suite(s), and
- ensure that these are considered in the maintenance of the suite(s)
- Champion quality and automation within the enterprise
- Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or closely related discipline
- 4+ years of programming, developing automation, creating automation frameworks or other directly related work experience. A combination of education and experience may meet qualifications.
- Extensive experience with software automation tools, software design methodologies, automation frameworks, platforms, related systems and technologies.
- Proficient in SQL and relational databases
- Extensive experience with REST and SOAP services
- Preferably having knowledge in R or Python
- Good knowledge on interface & Integration testing
- Must have strong analytical, organizational, problem resolution, customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with BDD and TDD practices
- Ability to make sound decisions and recommendations.
- Requires effective time management and work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
How to Apply:
Please apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: August 30, 2021
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021