Automation Field Service Technician
@ Sync Automation
- As a strategic member of a highly collaborative organization, the field service technician will be responsible for the installation of new equipment, investigation, testing, and resolution of customers’ technical issues.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assemble and test automation equipment. (PLC based, electronic, and pneumatic)
- Install new equipment at customer’s facility and ensure full functionality.
- Work in a professional manner, with customers, to test malfunctioning or damaged equipment so as to determine the nature and scope of the malfunction and affect a suitable solution.
- Submit completed, detailed, and comprehensive service reports for customer invoicing.
- Willing to work long hours, 12+, on short notice for extended amounts of time.
- Willing to work in the following environments, offshore marine, refinery/plant, factory floor, remote land-based locations, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college / technical school, or 5+ years of relevant on the job experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office Software.
- Experienced in current popular PLC and touchscreen programming software packages. (Connecting, upload, download, online troubleshooting)
- Experience with common automation communication mediums and protocols. (Ethernet, microwave, Wi-Fi, satellite, serial rs-232/422/485, etc.)
- Detail oriented, punctual, self-motivated and possess good organizational skills.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical issues / malfunctions.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this job: stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, move up to 50 pounds, etc.
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply by sending their resume to Neil Albritton: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 07, 2022
Application Deadline: October 07, 2022
Job Type: Full-time