Associate Processing Technician
@ Tides Medical
Purpose of Position
- Under the direction of the Processing Supervisor, the Associate Processing Technician will perform hands-on execution of all activities in the manufacturing area including the processing and packaging of human tissue products for transplantation
Essential Functions of the Areas of Responsibility
- Perform the following in accordance with AATB, FDA, and Tides Medical stated policies and procedures while upholding Tides Medical’s mission and corporate values.
- Maintain confidentiality of all records and information, which pertains to donors, families, employees, the organization and related areas.
- Aseptically process tissue while maintaining cleanliness of the cleanroom
- Train on gowning, gloving, and surgical scrub
- Cleans and sanitize work area, all equipment and all supplies
- Document all processing activities completely and accurately on processing paperwork.
- Accurately measure, label and package tissue
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain appropriate inventories of supplies within the production area.
- Identify key areas of interest in processing
- Ability to Interact professionally at multiple levels
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
General Responsibilities (administrative assistant exemption)
- Work with all Tides team members to keep the office running smoothly.
- This includes pitching in and helping with answering the phone, taking messages, cleaning of common areas, providing assistance to customers, re-stocking printer ink and paper, re-stocking packing supplies, making coffee, etc.
- Work well with others and not create undue office stress or conflicts.
- Be a practical problem solver and work independently.
- Be truthful in all aspects of conduct and communications.
- Be respectful of other employees and not engage in speech or conduct that is discriminatory.
Key Qualifications, Requirements, and Attributes
- Demonstrated history of working cooperatively in a team environment
- A High School degree with preferred experience in one of the following areas:
- Experience in a hospital/veterinary operating room environment
- Experience in a regulated environment (regulated manufacturing, hospitals, government agencies, quality control)
- Experience with the handling and manipulation of soft tissues, dissection and/or taxidermy
- A valid drivers’ license with an insurable [clean] driving record
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; excellent attention to detail and experience coordinating multiple activities.
- Stable work experience
- Accurate writing skills, familiar with good documentation practices for legal records.
- Needs to be able to follow directions and follow up with questions to ensure understanding
- Following procedure and not deviating from the routine process
- Detail oriented, completes the job in its entirety and accurately documents the process on a routine basis.
Physical, Mental, Environmental Demands
- Must be able to stand for the full duration of a shift
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
- Must be able to write clearly and legibly
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Must be able to complete tasks independently
- Must be able to work in an isolated cleanroom for 4 hours at a time
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.tidesmedical.com/careers/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: May 10, 2022
Application Deadline: June 10, 2022
Job Type: Full-time