Associate CAD Designer
The VDS Associate CAD Designer 2 position requires an advanced level knowledge of CAD/CAM process. The person in this position should be able to draw upon this experience to create detailed, accurate 2D technical drawings and functional 3D surface models.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret 2D hand sketches into a 3D environment.
- Create advanced 2D Technical and 3D CAD models.
- Create renders for approval.
- Continuously learn and understand how CAD software works.
- Assist in software testing during times of new development and contribute ideas for potential improvements.
- Assist in training of junior level CAD positions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong mathematics skills
- CAD software knowledge required
- CAM knowledge is a plus
- Basic jewelry knowledge a plus
- Vibrant personality with the ability to communicate with customers
- Integrity in business practices and when working with others
- Hunger for continuous improvement personally and professionally
- A background in 3D Modeling and NURBS Modeling is required with 3-5 years’ experience.
- Experience with Rhino3D/Matrix CAD software a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge level gained from 2-3 years’ experience using Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook, Word, & Excel)
- Understanding of the Product Design and Development processes with emphasis on CAD
How to Apply:
Please apply online at: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6052029.careers?CareersSearch
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: August 23, 2021
Application Deadline: October 22, 2021