Application Developer (Database)
- CGI has an immediate need for a Application Developer (Database) to join our financial services team.
- This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry.
- We take an innovative approach to supporting our clients, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
- The person will be responsible for new enhancements, releases & maintenance activities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Use advanced requirements analysis and data analytics to create business process flows and algorithms that will be used in analytical or product development processes.
- Develop or refine computer applications that provide deeper analysis of prospective financial asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure and hedge risk.
- Provide ongoing analysis of new financial asset classes and suggest program modifications as necessary.
- May test applications for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Financial Engineer role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Confer with product managers, business unit management and capital markets staff to determine analytical or product-related needs regarding product features, investment instruments, market activity, or complex transactions to be analyzed.
- Report in quantitative manner on data attributes and parameters of proposed purchase, sale, market transactions, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as needed and assist managers of specific product lines with analytical, valuation, or pricing projects.
- Redefine and implement the components of new risk indicators. Consult with the business owners, design and implement an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
- Design test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 6-8 years of related experience
- Experience with requirements analysis and documentation
- Exposure to relational and dimensional data model concepts
- Technical skills: Data analysis using SQL, Excel, Business Intelligence Reporting using MicroStrategy/Tableau
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills
- Experience with business process re-engineering and/or continuous process improvement preferred
- Experience with Fixed Income Instruments, Risk Management, System & Data Analysis, preferred
- Subject matter expertise in mortgage finance, fixed Income analysis and risk management, mortgage instruments (MBS, Loan, CMO) data, hedging principles and hedging instruments using swap and swaptions, preferred
- FRM or CFA Certification is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.cgi.com/en/careers
Visit Site to Apply
Date Posted: February 28, 2023
Application Deadline: April 28, 2023
Job Type: Full-time