Administrative Assistant - Mission Services
@ Goodwill Industries of Acadiana
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES include the following.
Answering telephones in a timely manner, routing calls, responding to information request and referrals, and greeting public in a professional manner.
- Responsible for daily retrieval, date stamping and distribution of incoming mail.
- Maintain files in an orderly manner, in accordance with established Agency standards.
- Responsible for maintaining and reordering office supply inventory for Lafayette and other locations as necessary.
- Maintain relationship with maintenance for any repairs on office equipment, building, etc.
Processing check requests and purchase requisitions when necessary.
- Develop and maintain an updated contact list, including referral agencies, community partners, and interoffice staff.
Record meeting minutes.
- Develop and maintain the staff emergency information, in the event of an accident, illness, etc.
- Develop and maintain monthly staff calendar and communicate availability to staff and clients.
- Update and maintain Job Connection resources (application, resume worksheet, etc.) for intake of prospective clients.
- Coordinate intake of Goodwill job applications.
- Maintain First Aid Kit in receptionist area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director, Executive Administrative Asst and/or Supervisors.
- Assist Employment Specialist with reports, scheduling, appointments, and client intake as needed.
Responsible for all of the following duties associated with the voucher program:
- Screen all voucher calls and make referrals when appropriate
- Schedule appointments for qualifying individuals
- Complete MIS forms and dispense gift cards
- Order new cards when needed
- Compile information for monthly service reports
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Requirements include High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or work experience.
- Working knowledge of computers.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge in the proper operation of current office equipment (i.e., computer, phone system, fax machine, copy machine, etc.).
- Computer literate including experience with Excel, Word, and data collection software.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, clients, internal/external customers and administrative staff.
Ability and maturity to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to present a professional image in both appearance and personality.
How to Apply:
Please send resume to:
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: September 08, 2021
Application Deadline: October 11, 2021