A/C Technician Journeyman 1-2
Assemble, install and repair pipes, fittings and fixtures, floating, water, and drainage system, according to specifications and plumbing codes. Install, service, and repair heating and air conditioning systems. All tasks performed with light supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Get parts and tools for jobs.
- Keep mechanical rooms and shop clean, and in an orderly manner.
- Clean up after jobs.
- Introduction to using specialty tools for A/C and plumbing work. (pipe cutters, pipe threading machine, drills, band saw, torch, etc.) They will be under direct supervision.
- Install, inspect, and maintain HVAC and plumbing systems for building, under supervision.
- Assist in trouble shooting of HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipe and pipefitting, using hand or power tools.
- Assist in the installation of HVAC and plumbing projects.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring.
- Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures, and fixtures, using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand power tools.
- Assist doing plumbing and A/C installations and maintenance.
- Assist doing repairs to equipment.
- Connect and disconnect pipelines and fittings for HVAC and plumbing work under supervision.
- Assist in any moving projects or departments for company. (safes, tab furniture, cabinets, work benches, equipment in departments.)
- Perform routine maintenance on HVAC and refrigerant equipment.
- Troubleshooting of HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Repair of pumps.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Reassemble and test equipment following repairs.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas of fluid into the system.
- Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks.
- Cut, bend, thread, and connect pipe to functional components and water, power, or refrigeration system.
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Use of hand tools.
- Read a tape measure.
- Use of a multi-meter.
- Use of refrigeration gauges.
- Use of a digital temperature meter.
- Use of a clamp on amp meter.
- Use of pipe cutters.
- Use of pipe threading machine.
- Use of oxygen and acetylene torch.
- The ability to communicate with a supervisor.
- The ability to climb ladders or scaffolds.
- The ability to use a man-lift.
- The ability to determine which tools are needed for a project.
- The ability to interpret wiring diagrams.
- The ability to read blue prints.
- The ability to acquire forklift certification.
- High school education.
- Knowledge of HVAC and plumbing.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- 1Year experience as A/C TECH JRNY 1-1 at Stuller, Inc. or equivalent.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.stuller.com/careers/
Visit Site to Apply
Location: Lafayette, LA
Date Posted: June 07, 2022
Application Deadline: July 07, 2022
Job Type: Full-time